Monday, March 29, 2010

Eat the Chocolate Slow

March 26, 2010
While checking out at a local supermarket this week, the cashier looked at me with a raised eyebrow as she scanned a large chocholate bar. I of course, fained no knowledge of how it got into my basket. Then she gave me a knowing wink and said “Eat the chocolate slow.”
I bring this up because those words remind me to savor the moments of life. This has been a very busy week for us and I’m grateful for it, but with all the deadlines and rushing around, it’s easy to forget to have fun and appreciate all of my blessings. I’m thankful for being able to do something that I love and to share that with my wife. I’m also thankful for our great employees that are like family to us, and customers and vendors that have become friends. My experience has been that the more I can live in the present, the more I find the things that are really important. The things that last.
So I’m going to try to eat my chocolate a little slower this week, and enjoy the ride.



Lee

1 comment:

  1. This is a good lesson to live by! Thanks Lee for the reminder. I think of you all often and have many fond memories of being part of the Signs On Time family. Hope you're all doing well.
    -Rick

    ReplyDelete